Purpose of Use
- Measurement of ambient dose equivalent rate of gamma, X-ray and neutron radiation (photon and neutron ionizing radiation DER).
- Determination of gamma and neutron radiation intensity.
- Identification of the radionuclides type by their amplitude gamma spectra.
- Saving amplitude gamma spectra and events logs in the nonvolatile memory.
Designed to detect, localize and identify radioactive and nuclear materials by their gamma and neutron
radiation for prevention of their illicit trafficking, as well as in the companies and organizations handling
gamma and neutron radiation sources.
Branches of Use
- Customs and Border Services
- Law enforcement agencies (Ministry of Internal Affairs, State Security Services)
- Vehicles monitoring, seaports and airports
- Environmental inspectorates
- Sanitary and epidemiological services
- Radioactive waste storage sites
- New generation high sensitivity CsI scintillation detectors of gamma and LiI of neutron radiation with solid state (silicon) photomultiplier.
- Color display with high resolution.
- Storage and transfer of 2000 complete gamma radiation spectra.
- Powerful CPU and improved algorithms for spectra processing.
- New software for detailed laboratory research and spectra processing.
- Integrated GPS/GLONASS-receiver.
- No “microphone effect”.
- High thermal stability.
- Powered by built-in lithium polymer storage batteries that can be charged via USB-cable.
- The dosimeter communicates with a PC via USB-port.
- Real-time identification of spectra.
Identification of radionuclides with specification of the categories they belong to (in compliance with IAEA requirements):
- medical radionuclides: 18F, 67Ga, 99mTc, 111In, 123I, 125I, 131I, 133Хе, 192Ir,201Tl, 99Mo,103Pd;
- industrial radionuclides: 57Co, 60Co, 133Ba, 137Cs, 192Ir,152Eu, 226Ra та 241Am;
- special nuclear materials: 233U, 235U, Pu [Reactor grade plutonium (more than 6% 240Pu)];
- naturally occurring radioactive materials: 40K, 226Ra, 232Th-decay series, 238U-decay series.
Note: The list of nuclides the device is able to identify may be extended if needed.
Threshold alarm system with four independent threshold levels:
- search threshold level (threshold level of count rate from the detector photon and neutron ionizing radiation);
- safety threshold level (threshold level of photon and neutron ionizing radiation DER). Light color alarm (indication) of threshold levels exceeding (gamma radiation – red color, neutron – blue) and visual alarm on the side of the device.
- SPRD SPECTRA;
- operating manual;
- packing case.
Software is used for:
- reading measurement results and critical events from the dosimeter memory into the PC
- report preparation and printout
- display of the obtained dosimetric information with the GPS-coordinates on the area map.