Hardware and Software System
- Designed for construction of portable radiological and radiochemical laboratories
- Works with GoogleMaps and GoogleEarth
- Geo-referenced measurement results
- Data can be transmitted through radio channel
The hardware and software system can be fixed on the vehicle and is used for construction of portable radiological and radiochemical laboratories.
It consists of two BDBG-09 detecting units of gamma radiation, BI-09 interface unit, GPS-antenna BULLET III TRIMBLE and specialized software. Personal computer can be included in delivery kit a at the customer’s request.
GeoRad is intended to measure ambient dose equivalent rate of gamma radiation and to pick up geographical coordinates and current time (from navigation satellites). Measurement results are displayed on a geographical map on the monitor of personal computer, and can be transmitted through radio channel.
Purpose of Use
- Measurement of ambient dose equivalent rate (DER) of gamma radiation and acceptance of geographical coordinates and current time from navigation satellites.
- Display of geo-referenced measurement results on the PC and archiving of these data.
- Transfer of measured data through a radio channel.
- Records measurement results of gamma radiation DER from each channel, as well as geographical coordinates and measurement time within a 500 ms interval.
- Displays and saves measurement results on the PC as a text and as route points with reference to geographical map. There are two modes of information display: in set time intervals or when shifted for a specified distance.
- Supports two threshold levels setting: warning threshold level and danger threshold level relative to each measurement channel of gamma radiation DER.
- Sends sound signals and changes the information display color on the PC monitor when the measured DER exceeds the set threshold levels.
- Warns about failures of the detecting units and the interface unit with sound signals, messages on the PC monitor and LEDs that become highlighted on the interface unit.
- Works either with scanned geographical maps of the Client, or electronic maps GoogleMaps, GoogleEarth, etc.
- two BDBG-09 detecting units of gamma radiation
- BI-09 interface unit
- GPS-antenna BULLET III TRIMBLE
- Personal computer can be included in delivery kit a at the customer’s request