Detecting Unit of Gamma Radiation
- High sensitive scintillator CsI (Tl) with silicon photomultiplier
- Availability of amplitude spectrum (1024 channels)
- No microphonic effect
- Meets the requirements of IEC 61000-4-2:2008, IEC 61000-4-3:2007, IEC 61000-4-4:2008 standards
- Ingress protection rating IP67
- An option of a waterproof housing IP68
BDBG-09 is used as a part of automated systems of radiation monitoring to measure ambient dose equivalent rate of gamma radiation in waterbodies and artificial reservoirs. The detecting unit is produced in hermetic stainless steel housing with IP68 ingress protection rating. Maximum depth of immersion – 20 m. When immersed in water the detecting unit withstands water temperature from +3 °С to +60 °С.
Purpose of Use
Measurement of ambient dose equivalent rate (DER) of gamma radiation
- High sensitive scintillator CsI (Tl) with silicon photomultiplier and Geiger-Muller counter have been used.
- Data exchange between the detecting unit and the data display system through RS-485 interface.
- Availability of amplitude spectrum (1024 channels).
- Constant self-testing.
- Availability of the statistical accuracy of measurement.
- Ingress protection rating IP67.
- Average service life of the detecting unit – not less than 10 years.
Scintillation CsI (Tl) detector with a photomultiplier for measurements in the range within 0.01 μSv/h to 50 μSv/h (spectrum-dose function)
Energy-compensated Geiger-Muller counter for measurements in the range within 50 μSv/h to 1.0 Sv/h
- Measurement range of gamma radiation DER and main relative error
0.05 μSv/h … 1 Sv/h (could be extended to 0.05 μSv/h … 1 Sv/h on request)
±(15+1/H*(10))%,where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to μSv/h
- Gamma radiation sensitivity (137Cs), not less than
≥ 120 cps/(µSv/h)
- Energy range of registered gamma and X-ray radiation and energy dependence
0.05 … 3.0 MeV
(0.05 … 1.25; ±25 %)MeV
- Integration time
2 … 20 seconds
- Setup time of operating mode of the detecting unit
not more than 1 min
- Operating supply voltage range of the detecting unit from external stabilized power supply
7 … 13 V
- Current consumption of the detecting unit for overall range of gamma radiation DER to be measured
- Operating temperature range
-30 … +50 °С
- Relative humidity
up to 100 % given +40 °С and lower temperatures with humidity condensation
170 × 60 × 60 mm
- BDBG-09S detecting unit of gamma radiation
- corbel for vertical mounting of the unit
- mounting parts kit
- technical description and operating manual (one copy per one consignment of the detecting units)
- packing box
- Technological kit used for testing of the detecting units (one kit per one consignment of the detecting units) on demand.