Detecting Unit of Gamma Radiation
- High sensitive scintillator CsI (Tl) with silicon photomultiplier
- Availability of amplitude spectrum (1024 channels)
- No microphonic effect
- Meets the requirements of IEC 61000-4-2:2008, IEC 61000-4-3:2007, IEC 61000-4-4:2008 standards
- Ingress protection rating IP67
- An option of a waterproof housing IP68
Designed to measure dose equivalent rate of gamma radiation. Used for mobile laboratories, as a part of data panels and automated radiation monitoring systems.
It is produced using a high sensitive scintillator CsI (Tl) with silicon photomultiplier and a Geiger-Muller counter. If the customer chooses so, BDBG-09S can be made of duralumin or stainless steel. BDBG-09S detecting unit can be used as a part of systems for measurement of dose equivalent rate of gamma radiation and temperature.
Purpose of Use
Measurement of ambient dose equivalent rate (DER) of gamma radiation
- High sensitive scintillator CsI (Tl) with silicon photomultiplier and Geiger-Muller counter have been used.
- Data exchange between the detecting unit and the data display system through RS-485 interface.
- Availability of amplitude spectrum (1024 channels).
- Constant self-testing.
- Availability of the statistical accuracy of measurement.
- Ingress protection rating IP67.
- Average service life of the detecting unit – not less than 10 years.
Scintillation CsI (Tl) detector with a photomultiplier for measurements in the range within 0.01 μSv/h to 50 μSv/h (spectrum-dose function)
Energy-compensated Geiger-Muller counter for measurements in the range within 50 μSv/h to 1.0 Sv/h
- Measurement range of gamma radiation DER and main relative error
0.05 μSv/h … 1 Sv/h
±(15+1/H*(10))%,where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to μSv/h
- Gamma radiation sensitivity (137Cs), not less than
≥ 120 cps/(µSv/h)
- Energy range of registered gamma and X-ray radiation and energy dependence
0.05 … 3.0 MeV
(0.05 … 1.25; ±25 %)MeV
- Integration time
2 … 20 seconds
- Setup time of operating mode of the detecting unit
not more than 1 min
- Operating supply voltage range of the detecting unit from external stabilized power supply
7 … 13 V
- Current consumption of the detecting unit for overall range of gamma radiation DER to be measured
- Operating temperature range
-30 … +50 °С
- Relative humidity
up to 100 % given +40 °С and lower temperatures with humidity condensation
170 × 60 × 60 mm
- BDBG-09S detecting unit of gamma radiation
- corbel for vertical mounting of the unit
- mounting parts kit
- technical description and operating manual (one copy per one consignment of the detecting units)
- packing box
- Technological kit used for testing of the detecting units (one kit per one consignment of the detecting units) on demand.