A compact search device with telescopic tube for quick detection and localization of gamma and beta radiation sources.
5 seconds are enough for quick evaluation of gamma background with 4 built-in Geiger-Muller counters. A big display with luminescent backlight simultaneously indicates units of measurement, measurement errors, threshold level and real time. Analog indicator of radiation intensity facilitates localization of radiation sources. The device has a built-in memory for 1200 measurements and 999 objects of inspection.
More STORA-TU can also transfer measurement results to smartphones and tablets running Android OS in real time. With the help of GS Ecotest application this information is processed, displayed in a user-friendly way and stored in a special database.
Measurement results can also be transferred to a personal computer through the Bluetooth channel.
Purpose of Use
- Measurement of gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent rate (DER).
- Measurement of surface beta-particles flux density.
- Real time and date display, alarm clock function.
- Damp and dustproof body IP54.
- Big display with luminescent backlight.
- Simultaneous indication of measurement units, measurement errors, threshold level and real time.
- Analog twelve-segment indicator of registered radiation intensity.
- Ability to perform measurements with a preset error.
- Four-level indication of battery discharge.
- Built-in memory which allows storing up to 1200 measurements and 999 numbers of the measured objects with ability to view the recorded information on the display of the device.
- Mode of PC connection via Bluetooth.
- Three independent measuring channels with alternate indication of data on the single liquid crystal display.
- Prompt evaluation of gamma background within 5 seconds.
- Automatic subtraction of gamma background at measurement of beta contamination.
- Four built-in gamma, beta sensitive Geiger-Muller counters.
- Automatic setting of measurement intervals and ranges.
- Audio signaling of each detected gamma-quantum and beta-particle that can be switched off.
- Two-tone audio alarm of exceeded programmed threshold levels.
- Operation with telescopic tube.
- Two AAA batteries.
Measurement ranges and main relative errors
- Gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent rate (137Cs)
±(15+2/H*(10))%,where H*(10) is a numeric value of measured DER equivalent to µSv/h
- Beta-particles flux density (90Sr+90Y)
5…100 000 1/(cm2×min)
±(20+200/φβ)%, where φβ is a numeric value of measured beta-particles flux density equivalent to part./(cm²×min)
- Energy ranges of measurement and energy dependence:
Gamma and X-ray radiation 0.05…3.0;±25% MeV
Beta radiation 0.5…3.0 MeV
- Resolution of threshold level programming for:
dose rate 0.01 µSv/h
flux density 0.01 10³/(cm²×min)
Time of continuous operation with fully charged batteries* 2 500 hours
Operating temperature range -20…+50 °С
Weight 0.44 kg
Dimensions 160×75×35 mm